If You Know Your History

Sunday, August 27, 2006

New Kit (or Three)

If you are wondering about the kit that Chelsea played Blackburn in today, this is the kit that Chelsea will playing in the forthcoming Champions League which Chelsea kick off against Werder Bremen in two weeks time at The Bridge.

Chelsea couldn't play in Blue or the White kit because it would have clashed with Rovers' Blue and White shirts, fair enough.

But this is a rant and I told you in my opening speil that I will tell it to you straight. Chelsea's new tie-up with Adidas means mega-money to the club in sponsorship deals. I am not too sure how much it is but it is an awful lot of money.

To launch THREE new kits in such a short space of time, when fans are scrimping and saving for season-tickets, memberships, scrambling for match tickets before they even start to think about putting food on the table is absolutely outrageous.

But you know, the attitude of the club and its sponsors is probably 'we don't give a damm' 'because if one person can't afford to pay, there will be two people that can.'

My household has only one of the new shirts. Circumstances, especially whilst paying for TWO season tickets dictates otherwise and I have to say it amazes me where people get their money from ie disposal income where they can afford to spend it on Chelsea FC merchandise. After all like match tickets, these kits are not cheap!!!

Anyway rant over. Who needs a shirt to prove your passion for Chelsea Football Club? Unless of course you are a 'prawn sandwich eater?'

COME ON CHELSEA!

2 Comments:

Blogger thomas said...

I don't even have the money for the new addidas kit, I still have last years!I Did kind of like today's though.

9:24 pm  
Blogger BlueBlood58 said...

Like I said. There is only one new shirt in my household.. and todays reminds me of the old Refs shirt from the early Premiership days, except it was green!

9:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home