If You Know Your History

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Calming Down, Calming Down

As they say in Scouse Land (Liverpool to those outside the UK), 'calm down, calm down.'

In the cold light of day, Willie G has left and we've got Ashley Cole, supposedly the best left-back in the world... or is it the Premiership?

Anyway. I made sure that I watched the phone in (the first one since transfer deadline day) on Chelsea TV last night a show that included special guests ex-left-back Gary Locke and ex-striker Steve 'Jock' Finneston, both Chelsea Legends.

The show and phone-in was all about the sale of Wille G and the acquisition of Cole and I have to say and report that there was a lot of anger and resentment about what when on during the course of Thursday night.

There are a lot of genuine angry Chelsea fans out there at the moment and a lot of them pledged their support to Wayne Bridge. Here! Here!

Lets try to clear something up about Willie G. Claudio Ranieri signed Gallas from Marseille for £6.2m about six years ago, so Willie G is NOT a 'Special One' signing so that maybe why it was easy for JM to let him go, despite what you have read about a rift.

Each end of season Willie G has always said that he wanted to leave. Some fans say that Willie G is slightly unbalanced and the French in him turns him into a loose cannon. He said it last season and the season before. He said it during the WHOLE of last season and stayed, but now he has gone - we the fans must forget about it all and move on.

But that might be easier said then done. Remember at the Chelsea title victory parade in May, Gallas wasn't there and the fans have taken it as a snub and Gallas can expect a rough ride when Arsenal come visiting on December 10th.

L8ter

4 Comments:

Blogger thomas said...

I agree on Bridge, I don't think Cole will show us anything better than what Wayne has already show us at the start of the season. I think Jose should keep starting Bridge until Cole is adjusted properly and then he should pick the player who proves himself each day in training. I think it would make both players fight for the position and raise their level of play. Wonder if Gallas will take some punishment on his return to the Bridge? I for one think we should treat him with honor for helping us reclaim the title after 50 years.

9:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blueblood would you rather see the j.cole and a.cole partnership on the left

or

robben and a.cole partnership

i for one think the robben cole partnership would be very explosive

What do you think???

Arsenal Forever

10:38 pm  
Blogger BlueBlood58 said...

Well the only Cole I want to see in the team, isnt A Cole LOL

10:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With Mark Hughes he was an instant hero for me when he joined - and I hated the bloke with a passion b4 that LOL!!

Good to see yer Osgood9 (see you took up my suggestion LOL)

and

NO

it won't detract me from 50 Years Over 100 Years!!

With the international break, I thought I would have a break LOL

and this blog I hope will compliment the other

ad-break

google search

50 years over 100 years

LOL

COME ON CHELSEA

10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home