If You Know Your History

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

'Engaging Brain Before Opening Mouth'

In a game that in all honestly Chelsea should have won comfortably, especially after the way the team started in the first fifteen minutes, events during and after the game have overshadowed the three WONDERFUL goals that Chelsea scored to secure a vital win and gain three points at Goodison Park on Sunday.

The event in discussion is the 'dive' that Everton's Andy Johnson took over Hilario during the first half to try and win Everton a penalty. Before anybody jumps up and down, TV pictures proved that Johnson didn't dive, TV pictures proved that Boulahrouz pushed Johnson before his tumble took place.

In can be said that Johnson's tumbling antics were exaggerated, but had the ref had clear sight of the push I am sure a penalty would have been awarded.

A couple of weeks ago my boss put up a sign at work (in jest I must add) about 'engaging brain before opening mouth,' despite many opportunities that Jose would have had before facing the media post match to view the incident from all angles, it seems that mouth went into overdrive regardless.

What I find interesting today though, apart from reports that Everton plan to sue Jose for defamtory remarks, is that Andy Johnson has not said that Boulahrouz pushed him, even though TV replays showed that he did.

Johnson said "I was very disappointed with the comments made by Jose Mourinho after Sunday's match with Chelsea. I do not consider myself a diver. I feel greatly disappointed my integrity as a footballer has been unfairly questioned in this way. I believe the incident highlighted by Mr Mourinho was badly misinterpreted by him.

I did not dive. I merely jumped out of the way of Chelsea's goalkeeper as he came out at my feet. I was not trying to get a penalty. I hope the Chelsea manager will retract his statement."

OK AJ. TV pictures show you were pushed. Why not admit it that Boulahrouz pushed you in the back? Why did you have lots of words with Boulahrouz after the incident if you are claiming what you have said is true? Why don't you come out and say that Boulahrouz pushed you and your tumble was due to the force of the push.

If you didn't dive why was your manager, David Moyes, trying to get Jose to look at the evidence again on the monitors, when HE (David Moyes) felt you were pushed?

Jose - Watch the tape again, show some humility and say sorry I got it wrong.

If you haven't seen Chelsea's goals from Sunday's match, check the post below and watch and enjoy!!!

Technorati Tags:


















Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home